Erdőkövesd Polgármesteri Hivatal
Idegen nyelvű leírás
The village has a population of more than 700 people; it is situated 3 kilometres north of Pétervására, in the valley of the Tarna brook. The settlement is accessible only by minor roads, the nearest railway station is in Mátraballa on the Kál-Bátonyterenye line. Vessels originating from the Neolithic age were found in the fields of the village. The name of the settlement first appeared in a written document in 1311, in the form of possesio Kövesd.
The village was held by several possessors in the course of its history. In 1446 Erdőkövesd was a settlement of a market-town character, after 1546it was recorded as a nobleman' s estate. As a consequence it became a curial village.
The settlement has had a church since 1720; the church was consecrated in honour of King Saint Stephen.